Friday, November 11, 2011

Desert Star on Good Things Utah

Desert Star Playhouse was invited by ABC4 to appear on "Good Things Utah" this week to publicize our new show, "It's A Wonderful Life," which opens NEXT WEEK (November 17). We asked actor Corinne Adair to share her thoughts on the experience:



When I arrived at the theater at 8:00 am to meet our costumers, I was greeted with warm smiles. I like to refer to Mary Williams and Lynn Funk as my mothers away from home. They did their magic and transformed Jeff Jensen, Kerstin Davis, and me into our characters from “It’s A Wonderful Life.” They calmed our nerves and made us look fabulous, then scooted us out the door. The only thing missing was the sack lunch and kiss on the forehead, though I’m sure they would have provided both if only I’d asked. 



We rehearsed in the car. Thank goodness we had our director, Scott Holman, in the drivers seat--physically and figuratively speaking. It was a short drive to the ABC4 Studios, and a long wait until it was time to film our spot--LIVE on air! (gulp). 
The rest was a whirlwind. Is it over? Did I say the right lines? Was my mic on? Am I wearing deodorant? Was it funny? Do you think anyone saw my knees shaking? How was my hair? I guess I’ll find out when I watch it online. Everyone at the studio was kind and accommodating, especially Roxanne the producer. We enjoyed meeting new people and the fun experience. 
Afterward, we had lunch together. As the four of us sat around the little table, Scott put down his bagel and got a serious look on his face. We all got very quiet and then he said, “If we were a family, this is how it could be every day.” There was a pause then we all burst into laughter. It was funny at the time, but it’s true, Desert Star is like a family.  I’m glad for chances like this, not just to be on TV but also to spend time with the people I love and be a part of the Desert Star family.
Desert Star’s “It’s a Wonderful Life” may be a spoof of the heart-warming movie, but the message remains; it’s all about family. 

Watch The Video Here!


Click Here to get Tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment